Thursday, February 17, 2011

20 GREATEST SONGS OF ALL TIME (For Me)

A few months ago I brilliantly challenged myself to create a list of 20 songs that are timeless for me--songs that I could essentially listen to every single day, and still thoroughly enjoy. This task is difficult, partly because my taste in music has changed drastically and also because of the vast amount of music to sift through. But, alas, I have selected twenty tracks that have a replay value higher than others and, not coincidentally, span every musically stage of my life. I cannot say for sure whether these are truly in the right order, but for the most part they likely are.

Feel free to list your top 10 or 20 songs in the comment section below. I would be interested to know what songs inspire you now and in the past as well. Here they are!

1. God Only Knows - The Beach Boys

2. Chicago - Sufjan Stevens

3. The Funeral - Band of Horses

4. Across the Universe - The Beatles

5. Amber - 311

6. Wouldn't It Be Nice - The Beach Boys

7. Tiger Mountain Peasant Song - Fleet Foxes

8. You Already Take Me There - Switchfoot

9. Care of Cell 44 - The Zombies

10. Kissing The Lipless - The Shins

11. Meadowlarks - Fleet Foxes

12. Naked As We Came - Iron & Wine

13. 505 - Arctic Monkeys

14. Light Years - 311

15. Badfish - Sublime

16. Someday - The Strokes

17. Australia - The Shins

18. Flowery Song - Five Iron Frenzy

19. Sadie Hawkins Dance - Relient K

20. Alternative Baby - Reel Big Fish

FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment